Just as I thought I'd have a quiet rainy weekend to continue lazing around - I mean working on my latest painting - what should happen but that a quick browse over at Randal's blog saw me struck with the '6 Random Things' meme. That'll teach me to go looking for a hit of poetry and madness with my late afternoon cup of tea but, while the watercolor paper dries after the last wash, I'll add to what you'd prefer not to know:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Done)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (You're reading them)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (As if anyone's interested)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (Who else deserves this?)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (That's what surfing is for)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (Ditto)
Okay, here goes:
1. I like playing low-key video games or high key ones if I can play along with my best friend. Our all time favorite was Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles where I got to be the magician female Yuke, Castra (that's her with the pointy ones) and he played the Selkie girl warrior, Numb. We've got a brand new version for our wireless DS's.. not as pretty as the Game Cube one but acceptable. I love casting spells and solving puzzles.
As a corollary to this we've been playing Animal Crossing Wild World twice a day every day for three and a half years. It's very Zen like and if you play it long enough and get every item you come to realize that things are valueless but friendship is real.
2. I'm near sighted but refuse to wear glasses unless I'm at the movies, driving or in a strange place. I couldn't stand the idea of contact lenses either with the result I don't see blemishes on people or notice wrinkles. I recognize people at a distance by the way they move.
3. I don't own a cell phone. If you see me walking down the street talking and there's nobody with me I really have gone crazy.
4. I've kept a journal since 2002 where I record books I read, movies we watch, presents we've sent and received and whatever happens to seem worth recalling like the concerts, visits and the time I decided to get an aquarium because the picture was pretty. That was a bad idea suitably noted for future reference.
5. Apart from visiting family and friends I've never purchased a ticket to a faraway place just so I could sit on a beach and stay in a hotel. Instead, I travelled. If a place looked interesting I'd go and live there, including finding work. Now I'm so much older than before it takes a little longer to decide on the next place.. possibly Halifax, NS. If we're lucky our pensions might add up to a decent rent payment which means working for food and sundries. Do you suppose elderly life models are in high demand there?
6. I have a passion for live music and even without the journal I remember every show I've ever seen.. like the night at the Leroy in Pawtucket, RI where guys were throwing their underwear at Blondie. What a thrill for Deborah Harry, eh?
Now we get to choose our six victims.. or possibly willing participants:
la Belette Rouge
No obligation here.. just if you have the time and inclination.
All is well.