Saturday, March 31, 2018

mirage or no from Crow


Dear Friends,

You may be curious about where I've disappeared to these past long months. I hope you'll accept my apologies with the understanding my new found companions and I have been making great efforts on behalf of all the animals and good people in the world. What could that be, do you wonder? I will explain.

During my late winter sojourn to ancient Aegypt I came upon a cartouche of profound antiquity which took me many long nights to decipher. It told of a path that leads to lands of unimaginable wonder where all can live in peace and harmony. I'm aware you may be skeptical that such a path exists but remember it wasn't that long ago most humans agreed the world was flat, that Earth was the center of the Universe, and man was the pinnacle of creation. We all know what became of those assumptions and who knows but there may be others that will be overturned as wisdom grows.

As we search for signs of our route across this mighty desert I've taken this moment to send you fond greetings. There are trails to mystery and beauty in unexpected places, some of which you may have found yourselves. Always remember the journey itself is what brings meaning to the destination. In other words, enjoy yourselves and why not try something new (like a piece of fruitcake)?

I will send further dispatches as space, time and shifting sands allow.

Meanwhile, salutations to all,

Crow

17 comments:

  1. A wonderful, profound post. Sometimes the path through the desert becomes vague, almost to the point of disappearance. Yet the mystery draws one on. Maybe the art of travel lies in Crow's ability to fly, to become at one with something airy, finer, more rarified than the energies that hold us earthbound.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    A desert’s soul enthralling
    Crow’s voice is calling
    His plumage sublime
    Your painting supreme
    Your secret’s now mine

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nicely done, Lindsay!
      All the best :)

      Delete
  3. Inspiring words from Crow and wonderful comments too!
    Happy Spring, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marja-Leena.
      I hope you're enjoying the Spring as well.

      Delete
  4. Though mostly housebound now from age and infirmities our memories still stir our imaginations and together Mrs. T. and I still can fly...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wordsworth's poem Ode On Intimations of Immortality speaks to our hearts about such flights:

      Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting;
      The Soul that rises with us, our life’s Star,
      Hath had elsewhere its setting
      And cometh from afar;
      Not in entire forgetfulness,
      And not in utter nakedness,
      But trailing clouds of glory do we come
      From God, who is our home.

      It's a beauty.

      Delete
  5. Have you seen Susan lately Crow?

    Missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still here, Andrew - depending on what here we're talking about.

      Delete
  6. A lovely message my dear. Seems you and I are both about other things. I’m hoping you and yours are well. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am back, happy to have found you again after a temporary turn down the wrong road via having to switch to a different browser! I see you are keeping up your blogging.

    I am looking for energy and inspiration to try to get back into it. So happy to have heard from you too - did you get my reply email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'd love to see you return to blogging, Marja-Leena. I hope you are well.

      Delete
  8. I've been missing you. Good to know that Crow is back. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Susan, thank you so very much for the heads-up to the post with the beautiful park photos. The turtles sunning and the deer are two of my favorites. I also enjoyed the imagens of you and Jer - you look quite like a natural part of the park's beauty and elegance. Much love and hope for humanity, and the natural world in the new year.

    ReplyDelete