Thursday, September 6, 2007

A spot to call home


When it's necessary to communicate with someone in particular about a subject or event that requires the written form I have no qualms with writing. There have been many years of happy correspondance that I can look back on and things I wrote that seemed to be the right thing at the right time. An online journal is a different thing to contemplate and since my favorite way of communicating is in the visual realm there may be more pictures than words. Time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. I had the same red hummingbird feeder on my porch for years. My sister gave me a beautiful ceramic one that was immensely more aesthetic, but the birds hated it.
    I put the red one back up last spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have a beautiful fuscia hanging by the feeder, but it died. This year, we also lost two potted ferns on the front porch. I don't have a 'green thumb' but we nonetheless still have two banana trees in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to prefer writing over the visual arts. Now, however, I'm rather concise in my language. I dote over photography to the point it's over-processed, however. I'm learning to be more subtle, so perhaps I will become as spare with my photo-making as I am linguistically. I'll find something else to bother if/when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, Susan. Here's for the next ten sun-orbits. :)

    ReplyDelete