Typical for me is being in two minds about a simple thing. In this case it's whether or not to attempt selling some of the silk bags at that huge web based market known as etsy.com.
I've been painting and sewing more of them recently. There still aren't a lot because each one takes some doing (as I've described before) but I see advantages and their opposite. Since the ladies themselves have little help to offer, in fact they don't seem to care, I thought I'd ask your opinion.
1. It's a bad time to hope for buyers of unnecessary fripperies.
2. It would boost my income with the loss of same that retirement will entail.
3. Is $60-$75 an unreasonable price for a 3"x5" wearable artwork?
4. How can I put a price on anything?
5. Do I write a story for each one?
6. Are 6 too few and 20 too many? (Now there are 6.)
A few weeks ago I established a 'store' spot and opened a PayPal account. I'm painting some larger bags (7"x9") which will be quilted, maybe beaded but definitely more substantial than the little ones. I'll post pictures as they're done.
Turning the blog into a commercial enterprise just isn't going to happen and you're always so supportive it's probably silly of me to ask for an honest opinion but that's what I'm doing. 2 etz or not 2 etz, that is the question. A little real world store run by some nice people may still be in my future.