Apologies for not having been around much this past week but I had a little project that turned difficult right from the beginning. It's done now so I thought I'd show you what developed when I decided to make a bigger bag (7x9").
This is the front.
This is the back.
And this is the inside.
Why was it difficult? First it was a piece of silk that really didn't want to be painted black. All the other colors were okay but you'll likely notice black was an important element and after overpainting and drying the top three times I finally took it off the stretcher and painted the back. That worked. Then there was some difficulty in me imagining how it could be sewed for best effect without just plain sewing up the sides by hand. Once I could no longer see straight I asked my clear headed husband for help and he immediately saw what I was missing. Thank goodness for numb.
It has stitched in loops at the sides and two 36" long ties so it can be worn across the body or tied at the waist. I've never thought most belly bags very attractive but this is a cool idea. I think I'll work on a couple more til I get it just right but meanwhile I'll be back to posting and visiting as usual. Sometimes you just have to work out a problem so you can relax again.
I hope you missed me :-)
Now I just have to figure out how to get i-photo to finish three pictures taken in succession to all have the same colored background which is olive green...